CERAMICHE ROMETTI

The "Rometti" manufactory for the production of artistic ceramics was founded in Umbertide (Perugia) in October 1927 by Settimio Rometti and his nephew Aspromonte (known as ‘Riego’) the son of his brother Paolo, in partnership with R. Cerrini and his wife O. Fronduti.
The first distinctive name given to the manufactory was "Ars Umbra", a name which distinguished the very first works coming out between 1927 and 1928.
As of 1928, the artistic management of the manufactory passed into the hands of Aspromonte’s cousin, the son of Settimio Stamura’s sister, Dante Baldelli, in collaboration with Corrado Cagli between 1928 and 1930.
In 1938, the sculptor Leoncillo Leonardi came to Umbertide and asked the Rometti manufactury if they could fire some of his ceramic sculptures in their kilns, thus giving rise to a collaboration that lasted until 1942, the year when Settimio left the "S.A.C.R.U." and founded the "Rometti Settimio Fabbricazione Ceramiche Artistiche" [‘The Settimio Rometti Artistic Ceramics Works’].